Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Yellow Fingers, Happy Stomach

Garlic Curry Steak Fries
My sister recently turned me on to this entertaining blog called the Post Punk Kitchen. It includes a plethora of tasty and creative vegetarian recipes that are anything but boring (or granola). My dear lil' sis happens to be an extremely talented cook, foodie and artist and when she called me all excited about today's recipe that she found on the Post Punk Kitchen, I knew I had to try it ASAP. She has exquisite taste in and out of the kitchen.

The potatoes turn crisp on the outside yet tender on the inside when coated with minced garlic, olive oil, sweet yellow curry and then baked to golden-brown goodness. As a kid I never cared for ketchup with my fries, but lately I just can't get enough of the stuff. I highly recommend cozying up with a steaming plate of these crispy seasoned fries and a mound of cold ketchup to dip them in.

You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy these delicious Garlic Curry Steak Fries, in fact they would go amazing with a big, fat, juicy burger. Enjoy!

Garlic Curry Steak Fries

Cast of Characters: Potatoes, olive oil, garlic, yellow curry and salt.

Wash potatoes and cut in 1/4 in thickness. (These are *Mr. From Scratch's hands...I  put him to work!)

Par-boil the potatoes for 4-7 minutes. Don't let them get too soft.

While potatoes are boiling create your little "assembly line" with  a bowl of ice water and a plate covered in paper towels.

Drain potatoes and plunge in ice water.

While potatoes dry on the paper towels, empty the water bowl and put remaining ingredients in it. Minced garlic, salt, curry and olive oil. Combine all spices into a paste-like mixture. (If you're feeling lazy, just use garlic powder.)

Coat potatoes in small batches, meaning don't just dump ALL of the fries in the bowl. Do a few batches at a time to ensure each fries gets some tender, lovin' spice rub on it. Warning: Fingerstips will be yellow for a few hours!

Into the oven they go!
Pass the ketchup!


Recipe Here: Garlic Curry Steak Fries from the Post Punk Kitchen

My sister made this recipe with sweet potatoes, which I think would be a divine combination especially when paired with the smoky curry. I will try that next time fo' sho'. Let me know what you guys think of these tasty little guys and especially give me a holler if you make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment