Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Love and Spice

Spicy Peanut Sauce with Chicken Skewers
This post is brief because I am frantically getting ready to hop on a plane for a friends wedding. It's my first time going to Oklahoma (I really hope the winds are whippin' down down the plain!) and I couldn't be happier for this lovely couple. Congratulations to Matt and Kala on this new life adventure!

Today's recipe is similar to the one we make at the wine bar where I work. I don't know the exact recipe or measurements, but I have seen it being made and just eyeballed it to taste when I made it at home. The spicy chili paste is an awesome ingredient that I've never worked with before. It joins forces with the sweet peanut butter, salty soy and tangy ketchup to make one delicious sauce. Don't be intimidated by an ingredient that you've never used before! Red pepper chili paste is available in all major grocery stores in the ketchup aisle. Check out this amazing versatile product! 


Spicy Peanut Sauce with Chicken Skewers is great to have as an appetizer, or if you're like me you serve it to your husband for dinner and say something like,  "Vegetables are overrated...Bon appetit!"


I hope you enjoy!
Spicy Peanut Sauce with Chicken Skewers
Cast of Characters: Chicken breast, wooden skewers, onion, red pepper chili paste, soy sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk, ketchup, scallion for garnish.
Sweat onions in a little bit of oil, then add generous amount of peanut butter.
Add half a can of coconut milk.
Stir in coconut milk. Then add a squeeze of ketchup, soy sauce and chili paste. Stir.
Stir until smooth.
Cut chicken into strips and put on wooden skewers. Salt and pepper.
Pan fry or grill.
Enjoy!
Nail Color: Essie- Hot Coco
Nothing like a little sweet and spicy appetizer as I whisk off to witness young love. Wishing all the best to my perfectly paired friends, Matt and Kala! 

No comments:

Post a Comment